Saturday, June 6, 2009

Servanthood

I started my service work with my team this past Friday. Today was our busiest day so far. We are doing street ministry with a local church called, Victory Church. It's located in the heart of Albany, New York. It's a different world in Albany and I'm far from home todo! God is a blessing, because our second to last team member showed up today and he fits right in. Our last team member flies in tomorrow around midnight. I'm excited because I've already begun to see the unity between us all. Currently, I'm sprawled out on a little black pad-mattress with a few blankets on the floor. The group is staying in Sunday school rooms of the church. I can still see the mounds of glitter they have used in past Sunday school services on the floor. It's nuts!
I'm blessed. This team called, A-team is going to crack the group of Albany and make a new sound for the Lord in the city. I got to evangelize and talk with the inner-city people of Albany. I stood outside of a Walmart, asking for money for the inner-city hungry children of Albany. There is a need out there for people, but a greater need has been placed on God's people; we are to serve. I hope that people are encouraged to know, that God is our provider. Moreover, if you're not involved in a ministry and serving others, check our Victory church's website at: godinthecity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment