Saturday, August 8, 2009

My life is in His hands.

Lord, my life belongs to you.
What do you want me to do?
I'll follow you all my days.
I want you to reign Glory in my ways.
My heart is in Your hands,
make my paths visit many lands.
I exalt Your name on high
and give praise to You until I die.

I wrote this little ditty in hopes to get my feelings out on "paper." The Lord has shifted the winds in my life and has brought me into a new season and with a new season and a shift in the wind, there is definitely going to be change. That change is something I know I have to embrace and I'm taking the jump and stepping forward in Faith that God will direct my steps as to wherever I am to go for Him.
I keep going to Abba multiple times during the day and I ask Him where I'm going after this summer and ministry team ends and He replies every time, "Jenelle, trust me!" Every time Abba Daddy tells me that, I literally sit back and laugh because I keep forgetting that I need to trust Him. Trust is such a hard thing to do in people's lives. In my life, trust was broken many times and God has been reminding me that He wasn't those people that caused mistrust in me. God is a restorer of trust and He will never leave me nor forsake me. So again. I say it again. Everyday I wake up with so many things on my mind and God just says, "Jenelle, trust me!" There has to come to a point where you have to believe in your spirit, in your body, that God is trust-worthy. He is the ultimate power in the world and He is our creator. So... why do I keep worrying about life situations and choices when all I should say is, "Daddy, I trust You!" It sounds simple, but it took me all summer to revelate on that word, Trust. I'm just in the baby stages now of understanding how to trust in God. It's really obvious that I need to trust in God for everything because it says in Proverbs 3: 5 and 6 that we can cast our cares upon Him and He will direct our paths. Who else can do that for me? I know the creator of the world can do that for me. My Abba Daddy can take care of me. It's really cool.
My little poem I wrote signifies something more within me too. I want to lay everything at the ground in my life and pick up my cross and follow God. I seriously can't take just sitting back and just making it every week and attending Church. I want to be that salt and light in the world and make a difference in people's lives and share the Father's love with people. I want the sick healed, the dead raised and the blind to see. I want people saved and going to heaven. I want to be a disciple. The only way that's going to happen is if I pick up my cross and follow Jesus. At 23 years old, I finally figured out what my call is in life. It's to change the world with one life at a time, while giving all Glory to Jesus Christ.
I want to travel one day too. I've already had the privilege of traveling around New York State. I've been up the whole east coast and stayed in many of the east coast states. I've never been to the west coast and I get a chance to just in 2 weeks. God is just blessing me and I can't even fathom what more I have to conquer and do for him in my next season that I am walking into now.
The last part about my little poem is the most powerful to me. I have chosen this summer to honor God and trust Him in my life until I die. That's a big step in someones life and it's worth it, because we all end up dying anyway. Instead of having a finite death, I have eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven with Abba Daddy. That's something to get crazy excited about!
I want to leave this with you as the reader. Read Jeremiah 29:11 and Josh 1:3. God has a purpose for you and a destiny for Him that He wishes to fulfill in your life on the earth. He also wishes to show you that when you read the Word, meditate on Him daily and pray. It's a powerful thing to figure out your future through Christ and trust in Him in all your ways, because He will, by His promises, direct your every path.

Bendice a Dios.


No comments:

Post a Comment